Texas Child Care Leadership Academy
The Texas Child Care Leadership Academy is designed to increase administrators’ capacity to lead teams towards program excellence. You will be challenged to think differently as you engage in thought-provoking activities, in-depth discussions, and valuable peer interactions. Whether you’re a novice- or master-level center director, you’ll discover new ways to inspire a thriving work climate and promote teacher retention by using leadership skills to guide your program’s direction, achieve goals, build trust and create passion.
Meet & Greet: Texas Child Care Leadership Academy - City of Austin
virtual information session
Learn about the Texas Child Care Leadership Academy for owners, directors, assistant directors, and other staff interested in leadership positions or a future career as a director
or assistant director. This nationally recognized training is free.
Centers must be located within the Austin City Limits and the Austin Extraterritorial Jurisdiction.
- Child Care Center-based and Home-based Owners, Directors, Assistant Directors, and other staff interested in leadership positions or a future career as a director or assistant director of Early Learning Programs located within the Austin City Limits and the Austin Extraterritorial Jurisdiction.
- Early Learning Program has a subsidy agreement with their local Workforce Development Board
- Early Learning Program serves at least 10 children who receive Texas Workforce Commission scholarships OR at least 20% of children enrolled
receive those scholarships
- Early Learning Program may be a Head Start center
- Interactive training sessions
- Professional Learning Community virtual sessions
- The Director’s Toolbox Management textbook series and instructional materials
- Administration and analysis of the Early Childhood Work Environment Survey
- Program Quality Improvement Plan and Mini Grant
- Mentor Support